DRUG AND ALCOHOL POLICY
- Silver Lake College absolutely prohibits the unlawful and unauthorized possession, use, or distribution of alcohol and the unlawful and unauthorized possession, use or distribution of illicit drugs by students and employees on its property or as a part of any of its activities. Possession and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages and/or containers in all areas of the Silver Lake College campus is prohibited. The President may grant exceptions to this prohibition. In addition, student and employees are strictly prohibited from being under the influence of alcohol or illicit drugs while representing Silver Lake College whether on the premises or not. Legally prescribed medications are not covered under this policy and are permitted to the extent that their use does not adversely affect the employee’s work ability, job performance, or the safety of the employee or others in the workplace.
Annual Policy Distribution
- This policy shall be annually distributed in writing to Silver Lake College students. The written policy for students will be included in the yearly fall distribution of the Student Handbook and can be found online at www.SL.edu, and on My.SL.edu. The online version of the Handbook is always the most up-to-date and current edition.
Alcohol and Drug-Related Counseling
- Silver Lake College will work with students suffering from drug or alcohol abuse or other personal/emotional problems in receiving the assistance necessary to overcome their dependency. Any student seeking such assistance is encouraged to meet with the Office of Student Development to discuss the situation before problems begin to surface in the College. Any disclosures made by a student will be treated as strictly confidential by the College administration. The student’s decision to seek assistance will not be used as the basis for disciplinary action or used against them in any disciplinary proceedings. Along with counseling services available through the Office of Student Development, assistance can be obtained through Holy Family Memorial Behavioral Health Services, (920)320-8600.
Annual Program Review
- Silver Lake College will review the Drug and Alcohol Free policy annually, to determine its effectiveness, implement changes if necessary, and ensure that the sanctions are consistently enforced.
SMOKING/TOBACCO USE POLICY
- Silver Lake College is a smoke-free and tobacco free facility. This includes electronic cigarettes or “e-cigs” and any sort of vaporized smoking. A student who ignores the smoking policy will face disciplinary action.